Monday 10 November 2014

And so it begins




Hi My name is Julie Shute

 I’m on an incredible journey, I’d like to share it with you….

When you’re told you have any form of cancer let alone an incurable form of brain cancer it’s like being hit by Mike Tyson, it’s unreal, it takes your breath away, you are dazed and scared..  Well let’s not fool anyone this is scary and life changing for you, your family and friends!

I, well myself and my wonderful husband Andy, would like to share our experiences with you to hopefully (if you are in a similar situation) remove some of the fear and mystery that surrounds cancer and its treatments, our aim is to enlighten you and hopefully assure you.

We hope you find it informative and we’ll make a difficult topic as light hearted as we can, life is too short for anything but fun!

Who am I? 
Me age 8


 Well I’m a crazy blonde, Born in 1961, so yes that makes me well over 21 , originally a “Lincolnshire lass” part of a family of five children, I have four brothers, you can imagine how much fun that was as we grew up , I’ll tell you more about them later…. For now though “This is all about ME!”
Vivienne of Holloway




Although I was born to the 60’s I am very much a forties & fifties kind of girl, I love vintage clothing, I’ve always been very ‘girly’ loving “swing dresses” in particular those made by Vivienne of Holloway and Cath Kidston, I could so easily have been a fifties “stay at home housewife” , cooking, baking, crocheting  (all of which I love doing) and bringing up the kids, waiting each night for those immortal words “Hi Hunny I’m Home” …. Ok so back to reality…..
 
I have two Fantastic children from my first marriage Emma and Aaron , both with long term partners Bob and Vicky with three children each of their own!  Giving us SIX gorgeous grandchildren Abbey, Abbie, Chloe, Millie, Olivia and finally a little boy Evan.. that makes us Glam-ma and Grandy lol

Although my first marriage didn’t work out.. surprisingly to some my ex inlaws, myself and Andy all get on really well (sounds crazy huh ) in fact my very best friend of 34 years, June is one of my ex’s sisters!

Andy and I always have a chuckle when people ask … how did you guy’s meet? I/We respond “on the internet” in days gone by when everything was “steam driven” before Face Ache, ooops sorry I meant facebook  … Yahoo had chat rooms and we said hi, shared many messages and got to know each other, Andy worked for a large pharmaceutical wholesaler and lived in Birkenhead, whilst I worked in the healthcare industry the other side of the country in Grimsby,

Andy had customers close to Grimsby and offered to take me out for dinner one night when he was next visiting his clients… more on this later but suffice to say several years later and just over four years ago we were married… it was my fairy tale dream… one of the most amazing days of my life…

Three years on from that amazing day our lives are about to change forever….

No comments:

Post a Comment